Monday, April 24, 2006

NAB Day 0

Here in the land of sun, sand, polyester and bad hair. I am in Vegas, baby. I arrived yesterday, click here to see day one of the video blog. I made this one mostly for my kids. But video blogging certainly is fun, if not challenging for all the technical snafus. I am shooting not with a video camera this time, but with my Nikon 5700. It runs only at 15 frames per second and is impossible to hold steady. I am leaning on anything I can find to hold it steady. And the audio is often impossible to understand. But on the whole, it works. And no one suspects you are taking movies when you are shooting.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:51:00 AM, Blogger Kathy E. Gill said...

yo, drew ... just watched the video. fun! :)

great example of the limits of audio recording ... and great example of how you can use snippets of footage to create mood. can't remember what you said the max recording time is on the nikon ...

my weekend with digital media editing isn't nearly as fun!
http://kegill.typepad.com/photos/gill_family_reunion/gill_2006_final.html

Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home