Monday, January 30, 2006

Just me noodling with compression

Ignore this post. Really. It is of no consequence. For years I have used Quicktime and WindowsMedia to compress my media for the web. The Macromedia bundle for class had FlashVideo so I have been hammering on it a bit to see if I can stream files better, or faster, or perhaps with a more ubiquitious viewability. As I said, just me noodling with compression. First I want to test to see if this home movie of my kids when they were little will work, and then I want to see if this big honking file I did about glass artist Preston Singletary will work. If you are only going to watch one of them, I would watch Preston. It at least has some redeeming social value. You are ignoring this, right?

Alas, still not working. Guess I need to check my site settings. I think I missed something.

Update
February 6, 2006


Well I believe I have made some technical discoveries about my inability to get these files to stream. It appears, but I am not certain, that blogspot is restricting me from nesting the html I need into this site. I can't seem to hide the code and get the video to play. Go figure. But I do have these files on separate pages. You can use the links above or these below. Sorry for the confusion, but I guess the learning curve was steeper than I expected.

Triple Forte Fort

Preston Singletary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home